Do you use your website to gain more customers for your business? If yes, you need to find ways to increase your conversion to attain this goal.
In marketing, conversion refers to the process of transforming prospects into paying customers. This article will provide some digital marketing strategies and tips to help increase conversions to your website.
1. Revamp Your Web Design
If you’re not getting the traffic you used to have when you first launched your website, the possible reason is you already have an obsolete website. This means that its features aren’t as effective as they used to be. Hence, you need to revamp your web design.
Web design pricing depends on different factors, such as the additional features and enhancements you prefer to improve your website so it can have a good conversion rate. You can improve your web design to convert more visitors by:
- Split Testing Your Landing Pages: Your landing page acts as a gateway to your customer’s journey in your sales funnel. Keep testing different variations until you come up with a great landing page.
- Designing for SEO: Make sure that your website adheres to the latest techniques and strategies of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Doing so can help you rank higher in search engines.
The design elements of your website can influence how search engine spiders perceive your web pages. Keep in mind that organic traffic drives digital conversion by helping your website rank higher and become more visible in search engines.
- Designing For Users: Aside from SEO, make sure to design a user-friendly website to enhance user experience. A website that’s difficult to understand and navigate can discourage online users because they can’t find what they’re looking for easily.
2. Offer Rewards And Incentives
Offering some form of reward or incentive to your visitors can help increase your website’s conversion rate. Most consumers try to find ways to save money by taking advantage of freebies, discounts, and rebates. They tend to avail products and services that offer them savings and added benefits at the same time.
Here are some examples of rewards and incentives you can offer:
- Social mentions
- Online vouchers
- Free services
- Branded merchandise giveaways
3. Optimize Your Checkout Process
If you want to make your website a conversion machine, you need to make the checkout process seamless. A long and difficult to complete checkout process can be inconvenient for some visitors, which will result in you missing sales opportunities.
Here’s how to optimize your checkout process:
- Make checkout process fast and easy
- Use live chat
- Avoid surprise costs
- Highlight trust and security seals
- Include a visual payment progress indicator
- Send abandonment emails
- Include flexible and multiple payment options
- Create a sense of urgency
- Ask for payment information last
4. Add More Factual Content
Creating factual content for your website helps boosts your credibility. People tend to trust websites that can provide fact-based information, making the site an authority or thought leader in the industry.
Here are some examples of factual content you can create for your website:
- Case Studies: To increase your trust rating, create your own case study. For example, you can gather information and create a statistical analysis on how your products or services helped customers improve their lives in a specific period.
- Social Proof: This can be obtained on your website or social media business pages. They can be in the form of testimonials or reviews from your customers. You can include them on your landing page to give assurance to your prospects that they’re dealing with a legitimate company.
- Statistical Data: You can create helpful and interesting content with relevant links to statistical reports to back up your claims, adding a touch of credibility to your content.
- Whitepaper: This informational document is issued by companies and non-profit organizations, highlighting or promoting the features of a product or service. In addition, whitepapers are used to present legislation and government policies and gauge public reaction.
5. Remove Unnecessary Content
If you have duplicate content on your website, remove them to avoid a negative impact on your search engine ranking and user experience. Thus, remove unnecessary marketing content and technical points without benefit.
Additionally, get straight to your value proposition rather than telling a long story. Clean your homepage and avoid crowding your website. Removing useless content can help you drive more conversions you’re now providing great value to your leads.
Here are some website components you can remove to your website to improve performance and conversion:
- Carousel: Users have little control of how to navigate carousels, which can negatively impact user experience (UX). The slides tend to move too slow or too fast, affecting readability. Since people have varying tech-savviness and level of knowledge, carousels aren’t good for every website. A great alternative to carousels is complex grids, allowing users to scroll and scan through your content with better control than carousels.
- Immersive 3D Experience: Immersive web design involves manipulating human senses to become engaged. Immersive 3D provides a mesmerizing experience through storytelling, animations, and ambiance.
An immersive web design is common in the entertainment industry and in promoting luxury consumer items. However, this web design has also downsides, blurring the lines between slideshows and web components. Implementing high-end immersive 3D effects without testing can be disastrous to your conversion rate.
6. Use CTAs
Call-to-actions (CTAs) direct users to the next step you want them to do. However, not all CTAs are applicable to all types of websites. While their intention is good, unsolicited popup CTAs can compromise conversion.
Instead of unsolicited popup modals, it’s better to use scroll-based CTAs. They’re effective because users have more time to digest the web content. Therefore, users can make informed decisions as to whether they like to subscribe, signup, follow, and avail of your products and services or not.
Increase your website’s conversion rate by following this guide. Always remember that conversion is a matter of prioritizing your visitors and customers. This involves creating effective strategies to improve user experience and website performance.
Your conversion rate follows through when you improve your web design, search engine ranking, and content. Make your website secure, relevant, and reliable, too. More people will be drawn to provide their information and avail of your offerings if they sense that your brand is credible and trustworthy.
The post A Comprehensive Guide To Increase Conversions On Your Website